MENTALHEALTH, ETHICS & SOCIAL HEALTH MESH

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Wed Jan 4 4:21 am  #1

How This Stands Out, Among Other Self Help's

Most self help processes follow a certain plan technique or practice. For example, Recovery Incorporated follows a specific plan. So does the 12-step program.
SMART Recovery, a program for addicts, follows a specific plan.

The only thing I practice specifically are the five modules.

I believe that we can practice the modules any way we wish there is no specific way to do it that is up to us as individuals and it is up to me as an individual how I practice them.

In the life purpose module, I explore my reason for living and explore what I believe in and I do this by watching YouTube videos about belief systems and spirituality etc. Sometimes I even go into what I politically or socially believe in and I do research on that to help myself and I encourage anyone else to do the same or similar however they need to.

In the behavioral awareness and change module, I have explored my problem behaviors and I even have a three-page analysis on problem behaviors that I have and an addiction that I am working on dealing with. I have a plan on how to deal with that and I encourage others to do the same or I listen to them share what is going on and I may brainstorm with them as a peer to help them figure out how to deal with it.

In the Life experiences module I have studied what has happened to me, especially earlier in my life that has either caused or exacerbated my mental illness. I learned to validate my experiences and I validate others experiences including the life experiences of my traumatizers and family members etc.

In the emotions and thoughts process module I study how to deal with my disorder thoughts and dysregulated emotions and I relate to others on how to deal with it.

In the health module I study healthier behaviors and health problems. I explore ways to live in a healthier manner.

This is a more detailed way that I transcend mental illness. This writing was made by request of part of my audience. I realize that in the transcending mental illness thread that I made I have not shared specifically what I do except I have mentioned that I read self help books and do studies online and peer support people that are interested.

I hope this is helpful and letting people know how my mental wellness program works for me.

It is not as esoteric as most self-help processes. And it leaves much room for us to explore our own issues and solutions as we see fit as individuals and we work together as a support system.

Cerol

More information or if you want to chat personally, please put mesh on the subject line and email me:

bluec9066@gmail.com

Last edited by Admin (Tue Feb 6 5:00 am)

Month of May:

The balmy breeze of mental wellness 🍃

Wed Jan 31 3:40 am  #2

Re: How This Stands Out, Among Other Self Help's

Bumping up

Month of May:

Mon Feb 26 2:55 am  #3

Everybody's mental wellness process is unique and individual.

Month of May:

Sun Apr 21 1:04 am  #4

A reminder that this is what works for me not necessarily for anyone else.
I'm sharing this with the world to give hope.
CEROL

Month of May:

Board footera