MENTALHEALTH, ETHICS & SOCIAL HEALTH MESH

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sat Apr 6 7:59 am  #1

Stealthy (Covert) Abuse

I did my own research about it here's what I learned.

According to www.iAsk.ai Ask Ai Questions Search Engine:

Stealthy Abuse

Stealthy abuse, also known as covert emotional abuse, is a form of psychological manipulation that operates in subtle and insidious ways to control and dominate a victim. It involves tactics such as gaslighting, where false information is used to make the victim doubt their own perceptions and reality. The abuser often presents themselves as caring and altruistic, creating a facade of benevolence while actually seeking to maintain power and control over the victim.

Ambient/Covert Abuse

Ambient or covert abuse is characterized by its elusive nature, making it challenging for victims to recognize and address. The abuser may appear supportive and helpful on the surface, but their underlying motives are rooted in manipulation and exploitation. By fostering dependency and creating a power differential, the abuser gains leverage over the victim, leading to diminished self-worth and increased control.

Gaslighting

Gaslighting is a common tactic used in stealthy abuse where the abuser distorts reality and undermines the victim’s perception of events. Through the manipulation of information and emotions, gaslighting causes the victim to question their sanity and reality. Over time, this erodes the victim’s sense of self-worth and agency, leaving them feeling confused, paranoid, and emotionally drained.

Top 3 Authoritative Sources Used in Answering this Question:

Medium
George K. Simon Jr., “In Sheep’s Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People”
Niccolò Machiavelli’s “The Prince”

Month of May:

The balmy breeze of mental wellness 🍃

Board footera